Confused about distribution of PRO package.

Hello,
First of all I am a newbie in coding. I searched the licensing sub-forum but couldn’t find answers to the bellow questions.I just bought developer license, installed the files on a test server and tested it. Everything seems to work as it should be. Obviously I bought developer license(webix pro) because I want to use webix for my commercial applications.

1. Webix PRO is installed on my server and everyone can just go any copy the files, is this a problem, and if so how do I tackle it?

2.I am actually using webix in a windows applications. Until now, I just used your CDN to build the apps I needed. From now on I plan on selling those apps, so I am using my server as a CDN(webix pro), which works fine. Obviously people can find where the requests are going/coming and can still find the webix files and copy them. Is this a problem?

3.If I want to release a windows software that works offline, that uses webix, can i distribute the webix-pro package with it?

I will be waiting for an answer before taking any action.

Best regards,
Todor.

Hi Todor,

Webix PRO is installed on my server and everyone can just go any copy the files, is this a problem, and if so how do I tackle it?

You can upload compressed Webix js and css files to your server. Please note that according to the developer license agreement source code (uncompressed files) or any modified version of Webix source code cannot be distributed, disclosed or otherwise made available to any third party.

I am actually using webix in a windows applications. Until now, I just used your CDN to build the apps I needed. From now on I plan on selling those apps, so I am using my server as a CDN(webix pro), which works fine. Obviously people can find where the requests are going/coming and can still find the webix files and copy them. Is this a problem?

It’s not a problem. JS files (compressed) can be always available to your end clients from your server.

If I want to release a windows software that works offline, that uses webix, can i distribute the webix-pro package with it?

Compressed webix.js - yes

What do you mean by compressed - the minified webix.js that comes with the actual webix pro archive?

Yes, exactly.

Thanks for the great support. Answered all my questions. :slight_smile:

Thank you for using Webix UI, Todor! :slight_smile:

what if I change file’s name (not the content)? e.g. webix.js → webix.min.js

You can rename the file without any limitations.

Actually you can change the content of the file as well, it is fine, while copyright at the top of the file is preserved.