Webix + Backbone + React ?!

Hi,

I’m in the initial research phase for a sw stack to develop a web app which will replace a legacy Java / Swing based app.

I’d like to get some opinions, if this makes sense: Webix + Backbone + React.

Why this? I liked webix widgets, I think they are a good match for the UI requirements of the app, Backbone seems to be a good integration choice for MVM (and it seems that webix is prepared to integrate with it), and React’s virtual DOM for data->ui updates also seems a good match for some aspects of the application.

I don’t have experience with either of these components, so I may not be thinking about this correctly, and don’t want to start something that is destined to fail. One aspect in particular is if it makes sense to use the three of them together, or if it would be messy. I know backbone integrates with the other two, but using Webix also with React would be seamless? Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

You can use Webix with Backbone for sure. Webix provides UI, while Backbone allows to organize the app in better way.

I’m not sure about React. Webix UI will always operate with real DOM. Library is clever enough to minimize repainting, so React usage will not give any performance boost anyway.

Thanks maksim. I’ll try to keep it simple, either BB or Angular will be. For now, mixing Webix and jQuery only (mostly as an helper to handle “messy” XML).