datatable eachColumn

different to documentation it seems like “eachColumn” iterate only over all VISIBLE columns (1.8) - those have been hidden with .hideColumn() are not available…

This is expected behavior. eachColumn affects only visible columns. Please share a link to documentation if you have found some page which have the incorrect description.

You can use getState API to get get list of hidden columns. And getColumnConfig to access the hidden columns configuration.

http://docs.webix.com/api__ui.datatable_eachcolumn.html

“iterates over all columns in the table”

so it should be “iterates over all VISIBLE columns in the table”

Yep, you are right.

Is there a way to get ALL colums of a table?

dtable.config.columns : does not deliver ALL columns (also hidden ones) ,

(documentation says “config: all options from initial component configuration” - but it’s not INITIAL component configuration)

and found " _columns_pull ", this works, but does only run with webix_debug.js, not with productive webix.js

This is by design.
Hidden columns is not accessible for any API except of getColumnConfig calls
You can get list of hidden columns through getState command - this is the only way currently.

Can you share why do you need to have hidden columns in the first play ? Are you aware that you need not create a hidden column just to store some data in the datatable.

Like you have the “batch” option for Toolbar (to group buttons to batches and show/hide them), I want this in data table, to show certain columns by pressing a control to show this column “batch”.

I see. We can extend eachColumn method (by adding second paramter), so it will be able to iterate through all columns (visible and hidden) - will it be enough to solve your problem ?

The idea of column batches is quite interesting, I will mark to add some kind of sample for such use-case.

eachColumn is perfect.

…webix-native-column-batching even better :wink: