Scrolling in Chrome on Windows 8 Tablets

Hello,

I have a tablet running Windows 8 with the newest version of Google Chrome installed. Webix seems to run fine except for datatables. I can only scroll using the scrollbars, but not using the usual touch scroll method of swiping up and down. Can I enable that on a tablet?

Thanks in advance

Edit 1: I currently use Webix version 3.3.17

Edit 2: I also tried in Webix 4.0.14

I also have this problem on my Surface Book running Win 10 (64-bit) using Chrome Version 56.0.2924.76 (64-bit).
However, it works fine for Microsoft Edge on the same computer.

Another scrolling issue for datatables in Chrome is when you change the zoom level of the browser. The scaling gets out of sync. For example, if you zoom out, the scrolling bar (inside the scrollbar) becomes too small that it is not able to reach the other end (it’s hard to explain but easy to demo).

I think these are problems only with datatable (or treetable) because these widgets create their own scrollbars and not generated by the browser (like when an element has “overflow: auto;”)

Hello,

> I think these are problems only with datatable

Half-way yes, but the main reasons are broader. Unfortunately, the situation is different for browsers (Chrome/Edge/FF).

Currently, our touch (webix.env.touch ) depends on navigator.userAgent. On Windows tablets and hybrid devices, this property does not provide enough information to enable touch handling. As a native OS browser, Edge allows another approach.

We realize how important it is and will consider the improvement/unification of this feature. Also, if it’s urgent and you have a support subscription, you can contact support@webix.com and get the update ASAP.

We now have a workaround for this issue. In our case, we have control over how the user starts his browser, so we simply override the user agent using command line parameters. Thanks for the hint. We were just about to switch frameworks when we had that idea.

Is there any better wy to use touch control in e. g. webix 6.2 kanban lists or kanban comments? to have no touch scrolling in windows makes webix feel bad…