Hierarchical Data Flow

What is the best way to operate on hierarchical, nested data if one needs to present them in non-hierarchical widgets?

In my current scenario I need:

1. to store Ajax-fetched hierarchical data to a local storage on button click:
on: {'onClick':function() {
webix.storage.local("someName", hierarchicalObj);
}
}

1. to sync those data with multiple widgets which are embedded in a single “workspace” view from which they should inherit the data collection;

2. to pre-process portion of those data within each widget so its template could handle it:

template:"#pieceOfData1# - #pieceOfData2",

data:function() {
  //process the data shared with other widgets from the workspace collection
}()

How should be the data sharing and the pre-processing organized to keep things smooth? Given that I try to keep my code clean and try to handle it in the view object or some helper functions? Are there any recommendations?
Specifically:

1. How one can force the widgets belonging to a workspace to sync the data with it?
  2. Where should the processing of the hierarchical data go in order to be effectively passed to the template of a (often non-hierarchical) view?
  3. Is it possible to refer to the data store of a particular view in its “data” or “template” property functions? if so, how?