webix default (font-awesome) fonts not showing in all views

hi all - i am very new (one week) to webix which i am trialing for a fairly complex web app to integrate with a visualworks smalltalk backend. all is working well except i cannot get the default fonts to show on any view. i have tried to simply mimic the snippet below from this webix demo: Left position.
any advice? do i need to link some additional libraries?

webix.ui({
view: “sidemenu”,
id: “menu”,
width: 200,
position: “left”,
state:function(state){
var toolbarHeight = $$(“toolbar”).$height;
state.top = toolbarHeight;
state.height -= toolbarHeight;
},
css: “my_menu”,
body:{
view:“list”,
borderless:true,
scroll: false,
template: “<span class=’‘webix_icon fa-#icon#’’> #value#”,
data:[
{id: 1, value: “Dashboard”},
{id: 2, value: “Inventory”, icon: “”},
{id: 3, value: “Orders”, icon: “line-chart”},
{id: 4, value: “Transactions”, icon: “database”},
{id: 5, value: “Resources”, icon: “cog”}
],
select:true,
type:{
height: 40
}
}

In Sidemenu template you forgot to define icons before the value.

https://webix.com/snippet/dd605cf0

i am not sure how that happened in the snippet is shared (maybe a copy-paste problem) but i had the line (copied as is from the demo) in my running code:

template: " #value#",

but icons still do not show and there is no error in the browser console. could this be a problem with the webix trial edition which I downloaded ?

i see it has happened again - it is definitely a copy-paste issue - when i paste that line as-is into this comment box, it cuts out everything between the span tags and only leaves the “template: " #value#”," portion. not sure what to do about that but i still have the icons not showing problem

note that i am using the webix.js and webix.css files downloaded from the trial link here: https://files.webix.com/30d/561b12608076f3ba20e0e61570bbd4fc/webix.trial.complete.zip
the webix demos use files downloaded from cdn and what i have noticed is that the trial and cdn .css and .js files do not have the same size.
the code i am running which does not show the icons is the same as the demos which show the icons and they are running in the same browser. the only difference is the source of the .css and .js libraries. could this be the problem?

is anyone able to help me here?

try change icon names.
I set “wxi-pencil”, “wxi-plus” and it’s work
https://snippet.webix.com/pq25hvpo

Hi @Roman

Please read the migration guide to Webix 6.0 and the related article.
In the new 6.0 release, the built-in set of icons was reduced to the icons used in the Webix library with a custom prefix (wxi).
Any custom icon can be included from an icons library (FontAwesome or Material Design icons, for example) via its own name.

In July 2017 (Webix 4.4.3), there was no possibility to add custom icons.
However, the origins of the mentioned issue are unclear for now.
The Webix used only FontAwesome 4.7, so the mentioned issue could be related to the usage of icons that were included in the later FA release, as Webix 4.4.3 didn’t support them.

Спасибо!)