Is Webix Slow?

edited December 5 in Technical questions

Hi,
I am evaluating Webix and that is why I have downloaded the pro version. At the same time, I am evaluating some other competitor framework. What I am doing is to parse a text file into a datatable. The data file has around 2,000 records with a total size of 1.6 MB (17 columns). The data is in JSON format. The datatable will load the data from a web service running on my local machine (So, not directly as a file). Here is my feedback:
1) To display the results, Webix needs 6s while the other framework needs only 2.5s
2) It gets even worse if I include the following function in Webix (my goal is to manipulate one column on the fly):

onAfterLoad: function () {
                        /* dtable.eachRow(
                            function (row) {
                                dtable.getItem(row).engineId = dtable.getItem(row).engineId
                                    .substring(20);
                            }
                        )
                        dtable.refresh(); */
                    }

I have a similar code in the other framework and the increase is negligible.
3) I have enable subrow in my datatable to display a few additional text:
subrow: "< div style='text-align: left;'>< ul>< li>Motor ID: #motorId#</li>< li>Request: #request#</li>< li>User Location: #location#</li></ul></div>",

and when I click on the plus sign to expand the row, I need to wait maybe like 0.5 - 1 s to get that detail row opened. In the other framework, it is instantaneous.

Am I doing something wrong? I am just following the basics and there is nothing complicated in my code.

Thanks

Comments

  • Please check the next snippet - https://webix.com/snippet/4437dbd6
    It shows the same amount of data and rendering time is about 40ms

    What can cause huge rendering time in your case:

    • time for loading data from server side can differ based on server side latency
    • using extra options ( such as adjust:true ) for the datatable
    • using autoheight for the datatable which results in rendering the whole table and not the visible cells only
  • You are right... It was because of "autoheight" & "autowidth". Once I removed these two, the problem was gone. Thanks for the advice.

    Note: Server latency cannot be related here as I mentioned that I am using the same server for testing both libraries. So, it is an apple-to-apple case. But now we know the reason.

    Thanks

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!