Spreadsheet export online file

Hi,
I’m trying to export and import the xls spreadsheet file but i have problems.
I’ve tried to export an xls file but exporting doesn’t save the color of the graphics, filters, conditions formatted cells and others things. So when i load the saved file it doesn’t have those proprieties, i’m sure that the problems are during the exporting because if i open the file using other programs there aren’t those proprieties.
How can I export my sheet with everything i’ve done on it?
Thanks everybody
Matteo

I’ve tried to export an xls file

Export/Import must preserve content, formatting, and colors

Export/Import will not preserve more advanced features

• conditional formatting
  • filters
  • graphics

Unfortunately, this is expected limitation

Technically it possible to implement a solution which exports all data attributes, but it will require a server-side part ( the client side library for working with excel files just doesn’t support such advanced features )

Hi Maxsim,
you said “Technically it possible to implement a solution which exports all data attributes, but it will require a server-side part”. How can i do it?

I don’t have a fully working sample for now, but the process will look like the next:

• a user triggers export
  • data from scheduler is serialized to JSON and JSON is sent to the server side
  • on server-side, JSON data is parsed, and based on its content the excel file is created with the help of “Open XML SDK” or a similar library, which supports all features of Excel
  • result excel file is sent back to a client

We are considering adding an optional docker container for the spreadsheet with export | import backend at some point in future.