Redefine/override standard component styles sass

Hello webix team!

Is there any way to redefine/override standard component style with sass class extending?

I know that webix style is sass based but sass styles aren’t part of Webix distributive.
Maybe the Webix Jet provide such functionality?

Actually, Webix uses Less based styling - webix-less - npm

And, if you need to redefine some styling you need not change anything in the global CSS. Just add a custom class to a component by using the “css” property in the JSON config

{ view:"datatable", css:"myTable", autoConfig:true, data:grid_data }

https://webix.com/snippet/bba4d936

Excuse me for my mistake - LESS, of course.

Thank you for your explanation!

But what about a heavy costomization case?
If I need change a lot of widget aspects then my styles may conflict with a theme ones - I faced with such trouble recently on a big project.

Moreover, I may not be able to define my style more specified then a theme one and my style will be thrown by browser.
I can use inline style in such cases, of course, but it’s bad practice, I think.

Can I make “fork”, in some sense, from a theme with WebixJet?

Hi! Do you have plans on using sass in the future?

Can I make “fork”, in some sense, from a theme with WebixJet?

Technically, it is possible, but not recommended.
We are updating core styles ( fixes, improvements, etc ) and there is no guarantee that your customization will work for the next version. ( as far as I can see changes between versions are rather minor, still they can cause conflicts )

We plan to provide low level sources along with the package, starting from Webix 6.0. Which means there will be component-specific less files, not one single webix.less, which can improve the situation a bit.

@iocampo ,

Do you have plans on using sass in the future?

While SASS is more popular than LESS, it doesn’t provide any major advantages for component styling. So far we do not plan to migrate the styling code to the SASS.

Hello maksim!
Thanks a lot for such detailed explanations.