Datatable hide empty rows

I have a datatable which can have up to 150 rows, but will usually have many fewer than that. The data in the table will need to be updated from time to time. I want to hide empty rows.

I tried using the filter method, and that works initially, but when I try to update the data, it does not update. The filtering seems to prevent changes to the table rows.

Is there a way to remove a filter that was applied using the filter method, so I can update the datatable rows, then apply it again? Or how can I do this?

Hi,

You can use grid.filter("") it will remove all previously applied filters

but when I try to update the data, it does not update
It actually must work, component allows all operation ( add, update, delete ) for both visible and filtered rows. The visibility state will not change though, so if you have some filtering criteria, and updated row must become visible after data updating, it will not show self on its own. You need to call grid.filter(criteria) one more time to reapply filtering and show all rows which conform to criteria.

Thanks! Removing the filter, then updating the datatable, then applying the filter, seems to work perfectly.