Filemanager Move File

When moving a file in a dynamic loading branch, you end up with two copies of the moved file.

The UI places the moved file into the not yet loaded sub-folder, and when that folder is clicked, the dynamic data also contains a copy of the same file. You end up with two copies of a file.

Reloading the filemanager works correctly, a single file is displayed.

What is the best way to handle this situation?

FYI: Moving a folder works as expected - the UI shows a single folder after loading the branch

Hello,

We have tested the issue locally in both “files” and “branch” modes and didn’t find any inconsistency. When either a file or folder is moved to a not yet loaded folder, they behave equally: the copies are created for the same-name notions and they are also persistant after reload.

The API cannot compare the content of the files/folders, it operates only with names, so creating copies is the most adequate solution: no data will be lost. Please correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, is there a “move” handler among the save handlers of your File Manager? If yes, does it copy or merge the files on backend?

I found where I was going wrong, The move handler was not returning the updated file id therefore the two files.

Thanks for your help