Datatable fails to load fields that contain characters < or >

edited May 2018 in Technical questions

I've tried to populate a datatable by means of the load function, calling a php backend that provides a JSON response. The table is actually loaded except for the fields that contain character < or character > that are displayed empty.

I've tried CSV format as well and same behaviour.

Is this expected behaviour? How can I manage strings containing < or > to be displayed in a datatable?

My index.html:

{
    id:"mylist",
    view:"datatable",
    columns:[
        { id:"i", header:"I", width:50},
        { id:"s", header:"S", width:250},
        { id:"e", header:"E", width:250},
        { id:"t", header:"T", width:200},
        { id:"o", header:"O", width:200}
    ]
  },

function load_mylist() {
        $$("mylist").load("rest/load.php", "json", function(text, data, request) {
            console.log("text:" + text);
        });
    }

My load.php:

<?php
    echo '[{"i":"0","s":"11.11.2015 16:23:01.267","e":"11.11.2015 16:23:24.352","t":"<tel:11234567890>","o":"<sip:12345678;phone-context=one.two.net@one.two.net;user=phone>"}]';
    exit;
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2018

you need to htmlencode your data or escape on output.
    try this:

{
        id:"mylist",
        view:"datatable",
        columns:[
            { id:"i", header:"I", width:50},
            { id:"s", header:"S", width:250},
            { id:"e", header:"E", width:250},
            { id:"t", header:"T", width:200, format:webix.template.escape /*or template:"#!t#"*/},
            { id:"o", header:"O", width:200, format:webix.template.escape /*or template:"#!o#"*/}
        ]
      },

• Thanks a lot! Both encoding and escaping worked fine.

• Is webix.template.escape some internal method that might change without notice? I don't see it documented under template or anywhere.

• Hi @dandv ,

Thank you for the notice. We will add it to the documentation soon.
    template.escape works the same as a replacement following characters via str.replace:

{
        "&": "&amp;",
        "<": "&lt;",
        ">": "&gt;",
        "\"": "&quot;",
        "'": "&#x27;",
        "`": "&#x60;"
    }

Also, this information may be useful: https://docs.webix.com/desktop__html_templates.html#xsssafetemplates

• Hi @dandv, webix.template.escape was documented and will be publicly available in the documentation with the next majour release. Sorry for the inconvenience.