SpreadSheet: Filter requests in the Save object

Hi,

In the Save object of the Spreadsheet, it would be useful to be able to add parameters, for example an array of cells, lines, and columns not to save.

Currently, I display a sheet with column titles and cellFilter cells at the top of the columns.

As soon as my sheet is displayed on the screen, even an empty sheet, a save request is sent for each “cellFilter” cell (I have 8 on the sheet : 8 requests sent for nothing). As soon as the user wants to filter the sheet using one of these filters, a new request will be sent. This request won’t help.

These requests can overload the server if there are many connected clients.

Above all, the user can use empty columns to make intermediate calculations, write provisional notes, etc. Of course, on the server, we will not save these cells, but it would be much more relevant to do the filtering on the client side, it would save server resources.

Thank you,

Olivier

PS: while I’m at it, there’s a place to post and follow bugs? and suggestions for improvements? Or should everything be posted on the forum?

Finally, I will use the cellChange event and make my own requests. Fortunately Webix is flexible!

Hello,

As soon as my sheet is displayed on the screen, even an empty sheet, a save request is sent for each “cellFilter” cell (I have 8 on the sheet : 8 requests sent for nothing).

Yep, this doesn’t look nice, the initial filter state should not be sent to server. We will fix it in the next versions. At the same time we assume that filter values changed by user should be saved as it is an ordinary cell change.

To save particular cells and filter out the unnecessary ones, you can use the onCellChange event to issue custom requests (as you have already mentioned).

Forum is revised by team members on a regular basis, so it’s recommended to post bug reports and suggestions here - we add relevant issues to our inner tracking system.

Ok, thanks Helga!