Comment live update with socket.io

The new comment widget looks great, but it only provides an example of live updates with Faye, which is going to be deprecated. The example with faye (https://docs.webix.com/desktop__comments.html) has you creating a webix.proxy obj.

Is there a way to do this with pure websockets or socket.io using the webix proxy? I know I can establish my own connection, but it would be nice to use it how the examples shows.

I was going to ask the same thing - since Faye is deprecated, what is the guidance for realtime data? For example, how would one implement GraphQL realtime subscriptions for a Datatable?

Hi both,

For now we do not have ready-made examples except the mentioned Faye proxy, but it already shows you an idea. You can look up Faye proxy code in Webix sources and the example with Faye: Code Snippet

So you can write a custom proxy for loading and saving with pure websockets or socket.io, just note that during loading it should work with the inner list, not the widget itself (view.queryView("list");).

url:customProxy, //to load initial data and live updates
save:customProxy //to enable Dataprocessor and push updates to backend

We are planning several improvements for Webix proxies in 6.2, so after that we will be able to share a recommended sample of Comments with web sockets.