Resizing modal Window prevents vertical resizing on resizable window

I open a dialog box (modal window) with some rows/columns in the layout. It is a standard looking input dialog with a row of buttons. To allow resize of the dialog box, I needed to add some spacers around the elements. Without those spacers, the window will not let me change the size with the resize control. See https://snippet.webix.com/odmb23t5 (try vertical resizing).

On the vertical resize, if I add a spacer row below the content, then the vertical resize is allowed. Un-comment the line in the snippet above to see this.

I suspect this is just one of the quirks of the layout with window resize. I wanted to make sure I was not missing some key flag to allow this without the spacers. (A spacer is an empty template element).

I also had to add spacer templates before/after the buttons to get them centered. I was wondering if there was a better way for that.

Thanks.

BTW, excellent UI library :). Everything just seems to work as expected (except for layout, but that is always a pain in HTML) .

it is expected behavior.
spacer view {} is used to fill empty space.
you do not need to use template.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

Yep, spacers are supposed to be used for alignment. They take space in a layout row/column and (as any other non-sized Webix widget) react on layout/viewport resizing.

Another solution for vertical resizing is to place window contents into a UI Form with the autoheight:false setting, which allows the form and, hence, the window to grow: Code Snippet

Thanks intregal and Helga. The UI Form and spacer helps a lot.