Is there any way I can extend webix components to implement my own serverDateRangeFilter

I have a data table that needs to show records within a chosen date range. I dont want to switch to webix pro just for this one feature and I was wondering if its possible to have my own filtering implementation for the requirement. I would appreciate any help or even a few tips on how to go about it.

Hello,

I should admit that dateRange is also available in the Webix Pro edition.

As a solution, you can create custom filter (creating input in the header + popup) or you can create a separate control with the help of registerFilter. Using the last method there is important to have set/getValue: https://snippet.webix.com/4142ab05

But I would like to have two date pickers in the header or a pop-up. When I enter values in them I would like to filter records between those dates. I am not sure how to add that event listener on those date pickers as by default it calls grid.filterByAll(); But grid.filterByAll() wouldn’t know that it needs to send those two values to the server. Also, there are other columns in the grid that have normal selection i.e. normal textFilters and serverFilters. I wouldn’t want to break how they are working. I just want to override the format in which parameter is sent to server when its this date column. Not sure if I am making any sense, please let me know if there is more info that I can provide.

I tried adding the filter the way you explained in the snippet but it shows up undefined in the header. I think it needs to be something that extends the webix.ui.dataFilter