Editor stop working after page change in datatable

Hi. I am newbie with webix.
I have two almost identical datatables only attribute names are different.
They are located at two different pages.
At first datatable all works fine but at second datatable if I used pagination I cannot edit rows because an error appears:
"
datastore.js:575 Uncaught TypeError: 8 is not a function
at Array.find ()
at gs.getIndexById (datastore.js:575)
at u.getIndexById (datastore.js:763)
at u.qt (areaselect.js:215)
at u.Pa (editability.js:309)
at u.za (areaselect.js:215)
at u.edit (editability.js:155)
at u. (areaselect.js:215)
at u.eachColumn (areaselect.js:215)
at u.editRow (areaselect.js:215)
"

Hey @nikolai996, I take it you are not using Webix Jet, is that correct? If that is the case, then the tables shouldn’t affect each other whatsoever, since they are located on the separate pages. The issue is most likely isolated to the second datatable specifically.

Could you please provide a sample of your code via our snippet tool in order for us to able to help you better?

On the off chance that you are using Webix Jet, please ensure that you are providing unique ids (in the case of Jet it is better to use localId to avoid overlaps in ids between different views).

Hi @Dzmitry, thanks for reply.
I am not using Webix Jet. But I tried to use localId now it prints the same error but instead of ID it prints current timestamp i.e. “Uncaught TypeError: 1569494169 is not a function”
https://snippet.webix.com/oml9ujog this is not working
https://snippet.webix.com/65g3ij2f this works

The strange thing is that all works fine only at the first page (before I used a pagination). But if I used a pagination then editor stop working. This all related only with Users page, there is no such problem on the Categories page.
Data format is identical and there are no issues related with displaying data…

Also I recently noticed that the problem disappears if filter is filled.

Hello again @nikolai996,

Unfortunately, I don’t see any issues with the code that could lead to the described behaviour. There are, however, a few things that should be omitted/changed entirely:

1\. There is no need in autoConfig when you are providing the configuration object for your columns:

columns: [
        ],

2\. You should always initialize your ui in a single webix.ui container (besides the cases when you are initializing windows/popups, etc.), I am talking about the button element in your case.

I am not using Webix Jet. But I tried to use localId

This is my bad, I should’ve made myself more clear. localId works only in Webix Jet (although it is possible to implement a similar functionality with just the standart library). It is now clear that this wasn’t the issue in the first place anyway, please disregard this.

Also I recently noticed that the problem disappears if filter is filled.

From all the information so far, the issue is most likely related to the way you are working with the server and data in general. You’ve mentioned pagination, I take you’ve also implemented dynamic loading for your datatable as well, is that correct?

All in all, I’ve tried recreating a datatable similar to yours (no dynamic loading though), and everything works just fine - https://snippet.webix.com/swbab8rq.

I recommend double-checking the server requests/responses and see if there is any issue with them.

Hi @Dzmitry,
“I recommend double-checking the server requests/responses and see if there is any issue with them.”
Thank you for the advice I found a problem. There was a server side validation issues, though request/response format looks normal. Probably server returns a bit less records if validation fails and thus may appears ids inconsistency. Thank you for help!