Unable to load data to spreadsheet from blob created by toExcel method

Hi Webix Team,

I am using webix 7.0.5. I need to display the datatable contents in spreadsheet component. For that, I’m first converting the data to excel using webix.toExcel method by setting download as false. In callback function, I’m using the blob and converting into URL and then passing it to the “url” property of the spreadsheet component as “binary->blobUrl” with datatype as excel. This doesn’t seem to work. I have seen the same url works for excelviewer in webix 5.1 version. Check out the below snippet. Please do the needful.

https://snippet.webix.com/6ztb2f22

Hello @Nandeesh,

I’m using the blob and converting into URL and then passing it to the “url” property of the spreadsheet component as “binary->blobUrl” with datatype as excel

You’ll need to call the load() method instead of calling the parse() method in this particular case. The parse() method expects either an inline dataset, or a raw File object. In your current example as it is you are trying to parse a DOMString. If you do want to use the parse() method, you will have to convert the blob into a File object first. Please take a look at the following examples:

You can learn more about importing data from an Excel file into the spreadsheet component from our documentation.

Hi @Dzmitry,
Thank you for your response. :slight_smile: