Can we align label on top of form fields?

Can we align label on top of form fields? is it possible?

There are many limitations webix.

let’s say there is escape method to encode data but there is unescape method.

events flow is not proper, few are there few are there. onViewShow event but there is no event to capture hide.

is there any method to block individual events? No. And only method to block all events.

Some combo edtiors store is not handled properly [Like displayField, valueField].

And row editing wont support with pop-up editors but it will support with text/number fields.

Many things observed but I mentioned few.

Yes, we can do this doing some overrides, but here the question is are you guys gave proper functions to override existing methods?
If we override existing functions we need to write the same minified code in overridden function to identify some of private properties.

Hello @webix_B_123,

Can we align label on top of form fields? is it possible?

Yes, it’s possible. In the form’s elements Config you can define thelabelPosition property:

elementsConfig:{
     labelPosition:"top"
}

Please check the snippet:
https://snippet.webix.com/evw1abum

Yes, we can do this doing some overrides, but here the question is are you guys gave proper functions to override existing methods?

Could you please clarify what you need to reassign/ which functional to rewrite? Depending on what you need, it is possible to do with custom components.

“Could you please clarify what you need to reassign/ which functional to rewrite? Depending on what you need, it is possible to do with custom components.”

I faced one issue in multi combo where key-filter is not working, hence I need to override filter method. Here the problem is, there are many private properties which have been using in library code but how can we use those.

With out accessing private properties there is no use to override a function.

private properties name are dynamic which will get change in every minified file depends on tool which we are using.

“Yes, it’s possible. In the form’s elements Config you can define thelabelPosition property:”

Thanks for your reply.

Here is case where it is not working properly. I have form which is created with empty fields and has elements config with labelPosition as top. I have added a view(field) dynamically on click of hello button, but the label is not align in top.

If I added labelPosition in field config it will work.

It is bug in this case.

What ever the configs in elementsConfig should applicable to all the elements dynamically.

https://snippet.webix.com/9ic2827a

@webix_B_123,

It is bug in this case. What ever the configs in elementsConfig should applicable to all the elements dynamically.

It’s a normal behavior, as elementsConfig is processed only on form initialization and won’t affect on newly added items.
As a solution, you can extend new views with default properties.
Please take a look at the snippet:
https://snippet.webix.com/79uc3ice