Datatable ScrollBar

Hello,

So I was working on my project this morning, and when I started to work again this afternoon, Datatables seemed stranged to me : for every datatable, the space needed for horizontal et vertical scrollbars was apparently shown, even if not really needed, like if you put scroll : “xy” in your table’s properties.

After some researches, I added this code before webix.ui ({…}); :
if (!webix.env.touch && webix.env.scrollSize)
webix.CustomScroll.init();

And my datatables went back to the appeareance they had.

This is really strange because I changed nothing in my code, and I saved locally webix’s sources, so it’s not because of an update. Would it be a Firefox update ? Seems not, I have the same issue on Safari.

Even more stranger, based on this article (https://docs.webix.com/desktop__scroll_control.html), it seems that the original scrollbars I was used to (and which I restored thanks to this additionnal code) are actually webix custom controll, which is part of webix pro… How could I used it, and how can I use it again, as I am just a “free user” of webix ?

Many questions :))))

Hello @Jean_Louis,

Datatables seemed stranged to me : for every datatable, the space needed for horizontal et vertical scrollbars was apparently shown, even if not really needed, like if you put scroll : “xy” in your table’s properties.

Both of the scrollbars will show up by default, that is the expected behaviour (as can be seen here). The only way to change that is to specify the autowidth/autoheight properties or to remove the unwanted scrolls via the scroll property.

it seems that the original scrollbars I was used to (and which I restored thanks to this additionnal code) are actually webix custom controll, which is part of webix pro… How could I used it, and how can I use it again, as I am just a “free user” of webix ?

Are you using a trial version by any chance? Or is that actually a GPL version that you are currently using? This seems pretty strange. Could you please specify the version of Webix you are currently using and your environment? You’ve mentioned Safari, are you using a Mac? It would be also nice if you were to describe the steps you’ve taken to install the library.

Hello @Dzmitry,

About trial/pro/free version… I just downloaded webix sources from github if my memories are good (GitHub - webix-hub/webix: Stable releases of Webix UI - JavaScript library for building mobile and desktop web apps), and included it in my html… Based on whatsnew file, it was the 7.2 version

And I am using Mac indeed, Mavericks 10.9

Hello @Jean_Louis,

And I am using Mac indeed, Mavericks 10.9

That might explain the scrollbars you were seeing - please correct me if I’m wrong, but these are the default scrollbars for Mac. Our CustomScroll tries to imitate that exact scrollbar (visually), which is why it looks similar to the default ones for Mac (you might be mistaking them for our CustomScroll).

The version you were working with was the GPL version of the library, which does not have the CustomScroll functionality. Enabling the CustomScroll would achieve nothing, so I’m not really sure why you were seeing any changes at all in the first place.

Hello Dzmitry.

As far as I can see webix version 9.2.0 doesn’t work correctly in scrolling. It’s either always displayed or not at all. But in version 9.0.0 it was super good!

Michael

Sorry, this problem has been solved. I have to set scroll property correctly. So all is good!

Michael