Debugging a tree view -- how to see value of "data"

Hi, probably a newbie question: having trouble debugging a Webix Jet view. I have a layout that contains (1) a tree view that starts with no data and (2) a button that, when clicked, populates the tree with data by calling this.$$(“my_tree_view”).parse(my_data_object). my_data_object is generated by another module and imported.

The tree is not rendering quite right – some small problem somewhere – and I’m having such a hard time debugging it. Nowhere can I see the value of my_data_object before I pass it to .parse(). I know it exists (because the tree displays some of it).

I’ve been using DevTools in Chrome. Put a breakpoint right before .parse() and inspected everything I could see, but nothing. Webix’s debug mode is on; I’ve also done ctrl+right click on the tree, dumped it all to the console, and inspected it – but again, nowhere do I see my_data_object in its entirety.

Any suggestions? Am I taking the wrong approach to debugging and watching my variables? It’s almost like my_data_object exists in another scope other than the one I’m working in, but I can’t figure this out. Advice greatly appreciated!