Webix vs Bootstrap

Hi all, I’m starting to use Webix widgets for a CMS type web app which works really well. My question is, can (or should I) use Webix as a replacement of Bootstrap, etc. on the public website side of things?

Advantages? disadvantages?

Thanks!

Bootstrap is developed to be instantly compatible with all sizes of screens. The most common way of working with Webix is to create a JSON configuration of your view in JavaScript.

Bootstrap is very popular and has a large community. Webix gives regular updates and releases.

Bootstrap has only real flexibility is with typography and colors. In Webix, need to include the entire library for few widgets.

Hey David,

I think Webix and Bootstrap have been quite disputable topics. Both are popular front-end frameworks used for developing responsive and mobile-friendly web applications. With similarities, they have different approaches to web development and different feature sets, so they cannot be considered direct replacements for each other.

Bootstrap is a comprehensive and widely used front-end framework that provides a set of pre-built components and CSS classes to quickly build responsive websites and applications. It is designed to be beginner-friendly and is suitable for a wide range of projects, from simple websites to complex web applications.

Webix, on the other hand, is a JavaScript UI library that provides a wide range of UI components and widgets, such as grids, charts, and calendars, for building complex and data-rich web applications. Webix is designed to be flexible and customizable, with a focus on data visualization and management.

If you are looking for a framework to quickly build responsive websites, Bootstrap is a good choice. But If you need to build data-rich web applications with advanced UI components, Webix might be a better fit. Ultimately, the choice depends on your project requirements and your development skills.

I hope you will find this helpful.

1 Like