Multi suggest list as filter

Hello

I am using multi suggest list as filter list in datatable. And on zero position suggest list have blank i.e. “empty” cell which selects all rows which have blank or null values.
I have changed the name of empty to “Blank” for that empty selection which Is on 0 position in the list. But when I enter 0 value in grid then “blank” is changed to zero. In suggest list have id and value as same. So 0 is entered as value then id is also “0” and then it replaces the default value of blank.

Is there any solution to add this “Blank” as default on 0 position and add other values in +1 positions ?
Hope you understand the issue :slight_smile:

also does this empty or default selection’s id needs to be 0 or can it be anything and it still will filter blank rows ? I have used below code to add blank value

var data;
if (value.options)
data = value.options;
data.splice(0, 0, { id: “0”, value: “Blank” });

if I changes this id to anything then filter doesn’t return me expected blank values

Filtering empty values is actually a bit problematic for now. Filters process empty value as command “do not filter at all”. And to make things worse, multiselect filter can’t have an empty string as option id ( it is a base limitation of all data components - id can’t be null )

You need to use a custom id and tailored to it filtering function

http://webix.com/snippet/f9b263c7