Datatable date column formatting issue

There was a change between v6.1 and v6.2 that I just discovered. This change is causing dates to show up with NaN in place of the numerical date values:

NaN/NaN/NaN NaN:NaN AM

I have created a Snippet to illustrate what I’m dealing with: My Snippet

To test, open this snippet and toggle Webix versions between 6.1Pro and 6.2Pro.

The goal of this whole dynamic processing of data is to process an imported spreadsheet with pre-established naming conventions for date columns. Following the import, I display the data for users to select which columns to import and which to skip.

Until 3days ago, when I upgraded Webix libraries from 6.1 to 8.2, everything ran and displayed perfectly.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance

Hello @mvbaxter ,

This problem occurs when trying to convert strings to dates during data mapping. Conidering working with dates, the map is intended to convert incoming date by quite strict locale rules. By default, map uses parseFormat to convert a string to a date. If the dates in the input data have a different format, it is better to refuse map.
In general, instead of "map":"(date)#key#" I would recommend using the data scheme as a more flexible and transparent way to transform data. It will allow for better control over the data: Code Snippet

As alternative solution, you can change global format for handling date and time ("%Y-%m-%d %H:%i:%s" by default ):

webix.i18n.parseFormat = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%i"
webix.i18n.setLocale();

Please check the next snippet:
https://snippet.webix.com/67qvmexb

More information about formatting is here

Thank you.

Data stored as MySQL only comes in string format until converted, and I have become accustomed to allowing Webix native methods like (map) to do those conversions.

Following your recommendation, I will start using $init to convert date/time fields instead offormat: and (map).