webix.html.download does not work with zip file

I have the following code:

webix.ajax().response("blob").get('./exports/' + data.filename, function(text, blob, xhr){
        webix.html.download(blob, data.filename);
          webix.message(data.message, "Info");
       });

It works perfect with xlsx files, but not with zip files. The file is always corrupted. When I debug, the responseURL in the xhr record is correct and would download the file not corrupted. But with the webix.html.download code, it does not work.

By the way, your snippet does not download any file with Safari nor with Chrome.
It works. As mentioned above, in this example we use a proxy, i.e. you need to visit to the website https://cors-anywhere.herokuapp.com/corsdemo and click on the “Request temporary access to the demo server” button , after that you can download file.

I just tried again, in Chrome the download of the zip-file does work, but in Safari not yet.

I have tested example ( Code Snippet ) on the macOS (11.2.3) in Safari (14.0.2) with the 8.2 Webix version, and zip file download works.
Could you please specify the Safari & macOS version?

Hello @annazankevich
I try to give more information about my issue. By the way, your snippet does not download any file with Safari nor with Chrome.
Wenn you enter the following adress: https://interna.automoto-sr.info/uploads/nodejs-01-login.zip it will download a correkt zip-file. This is the adress in the xhr-header I found.
I entered now my Information in your snippet and nothing happens:
Code Snippet

Also without the proxy: Code Snippet
in this snippet, also an Excelfile is downable.

I tried out with Safari and with Chrome
Chrome gives the error: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Safari gives the error “is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.” but on my page there is no error, just the zip-file in wrong format.

I just tried again, in Chrome the download of the zip-file does work, but in Safari not yet.

Hello @JanineF,
As far I can see, it works as expected, please check:
Code Snippet (in the example, I use a proxy bypass CORS restriction)

When I debug, the responseURL in the xhr record is correct and would download the file not corrupted.

Could you describe in more detail how you download outside of webix.html.download?

But with the webix.html.download code, it does not work.

Does this problem recur in all browsers?
Is there any chance you could provide an example where this issue can be seen, so that we may take a closer look?