Change in behaviour for double click in filemanager

Hi,

we updated the filemanager yesterday and noticed a difference in behaviour before when you double clicked in the main window on a folder entry the behaviour changed. before when you double clicked onto it it just navigated into the folder, but now if selects the text. If i even click behind the folder name it will navigate into the folder and highlight all entries in there.
Since i cannot reproduce it in your demo i wonder what caused this difference in behaviour do we now have to explicitly change something to get the “old” behaviour back?

Regards,
Fabian

Hi,

Text selection was disabled in Tree in old versions. The latest versions allow text selection.

You can easily block selection in Tree via the following css:

.webix_tree{
    -moz-user-select:none;
    -webkit-user-select:none;
    -ms-user-select:none;
    user-select:none
}

Hi,

we are going to block selection for path elements in the next version. Please let me know if you need the solution ASAP.

Hi Maria,

it would be great if we could have the solution from your side.
Does this changed behaviour also impact the grid of files (that is where we expirience the issue)

Regards,
Fabian

Hi,

We have not managed to reproduce selection in the grid of files. Did you disable “multiselect” for the “table” view ?

We will add “noselect” css solution for the grid too.

Hi Maria,

yes we disabled multiselect.

Regards,
Fabian

Hello again,

I continue here since it is related to this issue.

The latest version we received sorted out this issue in chrome but it is still present in IE8.

Regards,
Fabian

Hello,

css solution does not work for IE8. You can block selection in IE8 via onselectstart event:

webix.ui({
    view:"filemanager",
    id:"fmanager",
});
webix.event($$("fmanager").$view,"selectstart",function(e){
	return false
});

Thanks for the quick reply

regards,
Fabian

Hi Maria,

i tried the change you propsed:

webix.event($$(“documents”).$view, “onSelectStart”, function (e) {
return false;
});

var fManager = new webix.ui({
container: “content”,
height: 800,
view: “filemanager”,
id: “documents”,

but the event does not get triggered in IE8 and the highlighting is still prsent.
Did i miss something?

I checked the API for onSelectStart but didn’t find a reference for it in datatable just one for onSelectChange, shalli use this one?
I am asking for advise here since it is quite expensive to get the changes tested on IE8 so the more i know up front the less changes i have to push to the testsystem.

Regards,
Fabian

It seems you are using “onselectstart” instead of “selectstart”

Hi,
I now tried the selectStart Event not OnSelectStart.
And on the folder i am double clicking the highlight disappeared but in the folder i enter everything is still highlighted :(.

Regards,
Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Please check that you have set “selectstart”, and not “selectStart”. Event name can be case-sensitive.

webix.event($$("documents").$view, "selectstart", function (e) { return false; });

Hi,

the casing was the issue.
Sry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Fabian

Hi Fabian,

No problem )

Regards

Hi,
I want to handle double click event on file double click.
I want to call a custom function on double click on file item. I’m not finding any way to handle it. If anyone has some idea please share.

Please check the similar topic: https://forum.webix.com/discussion/37252/file-manager-item-double-click#latest