Meteor and Filemanager

When trying to initialize filemanager within meteor, I get the error, "message = “unknown view:filemanager,” within the meteor package webix:webix (i.e., webix.assert_error is triggered). I am using the initialization method described here: http://docs.webix.com/file_manager__fmanager_init.html.

Has anyone else run into the same problem and found a solution?

I noticed that the webix roadmap at Trello removed the task Filemanager Node.js, kept open the Integration task Webix with Meteor.js and added a Server-side Integration task Documentation and Samples for Node.js.

Do these roadmap tasks suggest that there is no current solution for integrating Filemanager with meteor?

Alternatively, is it instead a licensing thing?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

As an additional note, webix:webix is not upgraded to Webix 3.0 yet on Atmosphere.

Hello,

FileManager is not included into Webix GPL. Integration is already implemented. However, there is not solution for hierarchical data collections. So, FileManager (tree data collection) won’t work within this integration.

Here is an integration for non-hierarchical data:

and demos:

I saw an old git chat where there were plans to fix the tree data problem: Proxy for tree view · Issue #7 · webix-hub/webix-meteor-data · GitHub
Has this plan been abandoned, is it delayed or is it in progress?

We have a partial solution for tree-data structures. It can be used to load data and sync changes back, unfortunately it will not work for filemanager, which requires a more specialized integration.

Hi Maksim,

is the tree-data meteor solution still available?
Thanks,
Martin

Was never released officially.
If you are interested, I can dig the related code and share it.

That would be great!

Hi Maksim,

did you find the code for using the tree functionality in meteor?

Thanks,
Martin