webix newbie - why do we have to write so much HTML code?

Hi,
We are new to webix and have a couple of developers looking at webix. We have a prototype running but are having issues with sizing and formatting. I noticed there is considerable html code in javascript and html pages our guys have written that is outside of a webix call. I am told even using webix we must still write a lot of html to get webix to work correctly. This is not my understanding of webix. We are using an accordion UI element and connected to a data model to update UI. Works but the code is a total mess because of all the Html code in our javascript and html file. Are my developers correct in stating webix requires considerable html code written to update views etc? Thanks in advanceā€¦

Hi,

It depends on the nature of the app. In many cases, you will need not any HTML code outside of Webix UI ( it can be used inside of UI, as template of views )

For example http://webix.com/demos/admin-app/#!/app/dashboard - this demo contains a lot of UI, but if you check the content of the document, it will contain just a few script includes.

Also, check Webix Jet, it is one of possible approaches, which allows using Webix components without a lot of HTML.