Copy/ Pasting Data from a Datatable

I am trying to add functionality to my datatable so that when cells are highlighted, I can copy the rows and paste them into an excel or an email while keeping the rows format on the webix page. Right now, I have clipboard enabled and I am able to copy data, however, when I go to paste it, it is all paste into one column in excel, losing the previous format. Is there any way I can copy and paste data while maintaining the data format?

Is there any way I can copy and paste data while maintaining the data format in the cells? I would like to be able to obtain data from a data table in the same format that I get when I use the export function, but by copying specific rows from the datatable and pasting them into excel. If I were to attempt to do this now, all columns are highlighted as opposed to just a single row.

it is all paste into one column in excel

Can you please provide a snippet of the issue? As far as I can see, dividing by columns works correctly.

As for the data formatting, for now there’s no such feature, but we’ll consider its implementation for the future releases.

Yes, as of right now all the data is pasted into one column in excel. Is there any command, attribute or property I can use to have the data pasted into excel by column?

In this example, http://docs.webix.com/samples/15_datatable/80_docs/11_minimal_init.html, there are 3 columns in the webix datatable (film title, release and votes). I would like the ability to copy the data from this datatable and have 3 separate columns with their corresponding values. I would like to see a “Film Title” column with The Shawshank Redemption and Godfather, a “Release Year” column with 1994 and 1972 and a “Votes” column with 678790 and 511495.

My data is formatted in the same manner as the above example.

I’ve tested this feature with the following sample:

http://webix.com/snippet/5aa9eb5d

A row (rows) can be selected and then copied by Ctrl+C. As columns are divided by the tabulation, Excel recognizes this divider properly.

I see, I just tested it with this sample using ctrl+c and although it did recognize the dividers in the headers, it does not recognize the dividers for the data as it pastes all of the data in the title column. Is there a way I can get the data to recognize the dividers as well?

Oh, if you just drag the pointer over the text, the clipboard has nothing to do with it. The clipboard works with the Webix selection.

Headers cannot be copied while copying of the data works just as described above.