Are MySQLi and PDO connection options to MySQL databases supported?

I am working with the server side PHP data connector and DataProcessor. I have my code working fine (able to load and edit a backend MySQL table) when I create the connection using mysql_connect – my php code is below.

$conn = mysql_connect($servername,$username,$password);
mysql_select_db($dbname, $conn);

$dbtype = “MySQL”;

$data = new JSONDataConnector($conn, $dbtype);
$data->render_table(“mytable”,“myid”,“field1,field2,field3”);

However, the table is not being rendered when I try to create the connection using mySQLi (PHP’s MySQLi Extension):

$conn = new mysqli($servername,$username,$password,$dbname);

or PDO (PHP Data Objects):

$conn = new PDO(“mysql:host=$servername;dbname=$dbname”, $username, $password);

Are these connection options not supported or am I doing something wrong? My understanding is the mysql_connect is deprecated and not even included in PHP 7. Are there plans to support these options in the near future?

• change $dbtype to “MySQLi” or to “PDO”
  • include db_mysqli.php or dp_pdo.php from connector’s package.

I know I must be missing something obvious, but where can I download the connector package that contains the db_mysqli.php and dp_pdo.php files?

Snowbird14, you can get the php files from GitHub - DHTMLX/connector-php: PHP extension for the DHTMLX library

Did you follow the directions in http://docs.webix.com/desktop__dataconnector.html exactly, or did you add something to your html or php code to get it to work? I tried to follow the directions but my data is not loading.

I think I am have the same problem. From what I read mysql_connect was depreciated and I’m running php7, so I was receiving 500 errors. Changing everything to use mysqli fixed that, but I am still receiving a 500 error for the render_table line. Since I’m new to Webix I’m not sure what else to do or if I’m using the right command.