Datatable Filtering

how can i get the filter search value to use in other service? thanks

Hello @ricWRC ,

It’s possible to get the datatable’s filter by datatable.getFilter(columnId) and get its value either by .value (if it is an HTML-based filter) or by .getValue() (if it is a suggest-based filter).
For example: Code Snippet .

Hi Mariya,

i have a datatable with a filter and i want access to the filtering result on an external class, e.g i select the filter option ‘NO’ and i want ‘export’ the result (NO) to be handled out of this class

its a serverSelectFilter

Hello @ricWRC ,

In this case, you can serialize the filtered data. For example: Code Snippet .

Hi, Mariya
thanks for the help, how can i get the filter response in backend?

Hi @ricWRC ,

The way of how a server will return the filtered data depends on the server (what language it is written in) and the database you are using.

As a client-side library, we do not have many examples of the server code. However, in the Webix package you can find an example of the server-side filtering with Node.js. In the backend/films.js file, you can find the processing of the /films_sortfilter request and how to get sorted and filtered data with Node.js from the NeDB database.

thanks Mariya, where can i find this file backend/films.js??

@ricWRC it is available in the downloaded as an archive Webix package (both from Client Area for PRO version and from webix.com for GPL version).