Document manager - disable excel viewer

I want to open office files with google docs viewer and this works for all file types except xlsx and xls for which your webix spreadsheet viewer opens. How can I disable this default behavior so I can treat xls and xlsx files like any other Office file type?

Good day @Jonas ,
To disable the default behaviour you could customize the Operations service.
Please see the example: Code Snippet .
The edit() operation is called for Excel and text files and we can check the files extension here to make something custom for the Excel files.

Thank you for your feedback, but now when double clicking an xlsx file it just shows the debug messageā€¦ .How can I trigger the file download instead of showing the message?

Hello,

now when double clicking an xlsx file it just shows the debug message

Yes, the example just shows how to disable the default behaviour if you would like to do something custom with the Excel files.

You can call the app:open event that is used for files of other, then the Excel file will be downloaded (in the event handler window.open() is used): Code Snippet .
Note that we change the logic for the entire edit action for the Excel files (for example, the edit action is called when clicking on the Edit menu option as well and by Ctrl+E keys, if needed, this menu option can be removed from the menu for the Excel files)